Tuesday 3 August 2021

Review: Herbivore Prism Exfoliating Serum

 Hi everyone,

I have just started to use the Herbivore Prism Exfoliating Serum as part of my Sunday evening skincare routine, due to running out of my Pixi Overnight Glow Serum.


Claims
- 12% AHA & 3% BHA
- A blend of natural AHAs including lactic, glycolic & Malic acids plus a concentration of natural BHA Willow Bark to exfoliate dead skin cells to reveal smooth, bright & glowing skin.

Key Ingredients
Bilberry Lactic Acid - A natural AHA to gently exfoliate & reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
Sugar Glycolic & Malic Acids - Natural AHAs to visibly improve skintone & texture
Willow Bark - A natural BHA to clarify & tone
Aloe & Rose Water - A duo of soothing botanical waters to calm & hydrate skin

This is a lovely exfoliating serum from Herbivore. It has a lovely lightweight texture that sinks into the skin straight away, but it leaves my skin slightly hydrated and not stripped unlike the Pixi Overnight Glow serum which I was using before hand.

It caught me by surprise the first time I used this serum, as I had forgotten how intense the serums from Herbivore could be. But, the more I have used this serum the more my skin has got used to this serum and it isn't as intense anymore. I can still feel this serum working once it has been applied to my skin, but its nowhere near as bad as the first time around.

I've found that I only need to use a couple of drops of this serum due to its lightweight formulation. I have noticed that my skin does feel smoother the following morning after I have used this serum.

If you do have sensitive skin, and are interested in trying this serum I would try and get a sample to try before investing into the full size. I'm just going off how intense I found this serum to be the first time I used it, and it could be a little bit too much for someone who has really sensitive skin.


No comments:

Post a Comment