Tuesday 15 October 2019

Cult Products That I Love

Hi everyone,

I'm going to share with you some of my favourite cult beauty products that I'm still using or have used in the past.



Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
I decided to purchase the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette as I really like the combination of the warm neutral shades alongside a few pops of colour. For me personally, this out performs the original but now discontinued Naked palette from Urban Decay; as I can work with the eyeshadows in this palette a little better. I also prefer the prefer the shades in this palette compared to the Naked palette, as the shades seem to suit my skin tone a little better. I also have the Too Faced Chocolate Bons Bons palette, which is a cool neutral eyeshadow palette. The Chocolate Bar palette also smells like chocolate.


Too Faced Melted Matte Liquid Lipsticks
These were my first introduction into liquid lipsticks a few years ago, and I really like the formula of these liquid lipsticks as they aren't too drying on the lips, as well as being fairly long lasting. Also, these liquid lipsticks have a lightweight formula and you can also reapply to lips easily without it looking cakey or cracked. I have the shades 'Queen B' and 'Sell Out'. 'Queen B' is a mauve shade, and the shade 'Sell Out' is a midtone brown neutral even though as if its going to be a pink neutral shade.


MAC Lipsticks
I love the lipsticks from MAC, as they offer a range of shades and different finishes and textures. These are just a good staple to have in any make up collection.


Caudalie Beauty Elixir
I've started to get back into enjoying the Beauty Elixir from Caudalie, as I find it really relaxing to use especially if I'm feeling a little stressed or in need of a pick me up. It has a lovely scent of lavender and eucalyptus. Just don't overdo it, especially if you have dry skin, as I've found that if you overdo just a little bit then it will dry your skin out. But it is a really lovely product to use if you are looking for something to relax you a little bit.

Percy & Reed Volumising No Oil Oil
This is a fabulous product use, especially if you have fine hair like myself. It's a lightweight oil that adds quite a bit of volume to the hair once applied. The best way I have found to use this oil is after I have washed my hair, and after it has been towel dried. I find one to two pumps on towel dried hair works wonders for adding volume.

Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado
This has become my favourite eye cream to use as part of my evening skincare routine, as it has adds a lovely bit of hydration to the under eye area that I can feel the following morning when I wake up.

Alpha H Liquid Gold
This was the product that introduced the use of glycolic acid into my skincare routine. I've gone through around four bottles of this over the years, and this is a brilliant chemical exfoliator. I only use glycolic acid in my skincare routine once or twice a week at the most, as that is all that my skin needs.

Lancome Energie de Vie Overnight Mask
This is a lovely overnight mask from Lancome, and it's also what got me into using overnight masks as part of my evening skincare routine. I actually prefer using an overnight mask to a regular night time moisturiser, as I find that it hydrates my skin a bit more and I can also tell the difference in my skin when I wake up the following morning.


Clinique 'Take the Day Off' Cleansing Balm & Cleansing Oil
I really enjoy using both the Clinique 'Take the Day Off' cleansing balm and cleansing oil as the first step of my evening skincare routine, as I find that they work effectively as a first cleanse of my double cleansing evening routine. The cleansing oil goes a very long way, as I find that I only need to use a pump to get the job done, and with the cleansing balm I only need a small amount to warm up in between my hands to also become effective. I also like how much you get for money, as I can get around 6 - 8 months out of each cleanser.

MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator
This is a brilliant exfoliator for anyone who has oily/ combination skin like myself, as its really effective at removing the dead skin cells without stripping the skin. It's also quite a gritty exfoliator, so it gets the job done really easily.





No comments:

Post a Comment