Tuesday 28 October 2014

Collective Haul: The Body Shop

Hi everyone,

I've been doing quite a bit of shopping recently in The Body Shop, and this is what I've been buying over the past couple of months. They are a few freebies included in this haul, but they wasn't sent to me. I'll explain why they were free further down in the post.




Tea Tree Cool & Creamy Wash
I chose to buy the Cool & Creamy wash, as I needed to something that was able to give my face a though clean, but without leaving it stripped. It's also great if you have an oily T-zone like I sometimes get, as its really good at removing all of the excess oil without leaving your skin feeling dry.

Aloe Gentle Toner

I brought the Aloe Gentle Toner, as I fancied trying something a little different from my Simple Soothing toner, and this seemed to tick all of the right boxes. I haven't finished using up my Simple toner, but this is ready and waiting for when I do.

Aloe Eye Defence

I got this as I needed a eye cream due to under my eyes feeling a little bit dry, and this is lovely as its light in texture, and a little bit goes a long way.

Shea Body Butter

I got the Shea body butter due to it coming into the colder weather, and my skin needs something more hydrating. Its got a thick, rich and creamy texture, but it sinks in straight away. I first heard about it I think it was last year when essiebutton mentioned it in one of her Body Shop hauls, so I thought it was time to give it whirl; and it really does seem to be helping my skin stay hydrated after I've applied it.

Strawberry Body Butter

I've been thinking about trying this one for a while, but I wasn't sure what to make of the scent; but I have now finally caved. I actually got this to use during the Spring/ Summer months, and it actually smells like a strawberry smoothie. I remember a few years ago that Miss Glamorazzi raving about this; and saying how much she adored the scent, as it made her smell like a strawberry shortcake.



Peppermint Foot Care Gift Set
I was in need of some foot care products due my feet feeling a little dry and flaky. I stubbled across this gift set while I was out shopping, and within this gift set you get the peppermint foot spray, peppermint foot lotion, peppermint intensive foot treatment and peppermint foot scrub. I have used the peppermint foot spray for years, and its amazing.



I managed to get my hands on some of the new Christmas collection early due to being a member of The Body Shop's 'Love your Body' customer loyalty scheme.

Glazed Apple Shower Gel
The new Glazed Apple range for Christmas smells amazing like freshly picked apples with a hint of honey. The shower gel smells luscious and reminds me of my childhood when I used to pick apples from the tree in our back garden. This is one I'm defiantly stocking up on.

Glazed Apple Hand Cream
The hand cream smells exactly like the shower gel, and this one is definatly going in my handbag once my other one has ran out.



All the products in the above photo are the products that I received for free, but these were not sent to me.

Aloe Gentle Exfoliator & Tea Tree Oil
The Aloe Gentle Exfoliator and Tea Tree oil where given to me at the till after I spent over a certain amount in store, and I wasn't aware of this until I actually reached the till. Both of these will come in very useful for two different reasons. The Aloe Gentle Exfoliator will be handy to have for my when starts to go on the sensitive side, but this doesn't happen often. The Tea Tree oil will also come in handy for when I have a minor acne breakout, as it will help to try dry them out.

Absinyth Purifying Hand Wash
I received this as part of the £5 reward from the 'Love your Body' loyalty scheme. I chose the Absinyth hand wash due to it being a clarifying hand wash, which is what I actually prefer for a hand wash, and it as the scent of Aloe Vera; which is just a very fresh fragrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment