Tuesday 26 December 2017

Review: Sephora Favourites 'Give Me Some Nude Lip' Set

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the Sephora Favourites 'Give Me Some Nude Lip' set, and I thought I would share with you on what I thought of each of the lip products inside.


Anastacia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss in 'Kristen'
The Anastacia lipgloss has a lovely lightweight formula, which on me lasts quite a while. The shade 'Kristen' is slightly darker than my natural lip colour, which makes it an ideal nude lipgloss for myself.

Marc Jacobs Enamoured Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer in 'Sugar Sugar'
The Marc Jacobs lip lacquer has a slightly thicker formula than the Anastacia lipgloss, but it also has a lovely mint flavour. The shade 'Sugar Sugar' is very pale on and it actually makes look a little bit 'dead' due to my fair complexion. This is one lip product that I need to see if I can get it to work for me.

NARS Velvet Lip Glide in 'Bound'
The NARS velvet lip glides have a lightweight, moussey texture, and they apply to lips beautifully. The shade 'Bound' is just ever slightly darker than my natural lip colour. Also the NARS velvet lip glides do have a matte finish, but they are also really comfortable to wear and not drying on the lips.

Tarte Lippie Lingerie Matte Tint in 'Revealed'
As much as I would have liked to try these, the shade was way too dark for me to be able to 'pull it off'. But, I have passed it on to someone who will get more wear out of it than I would.

Too Faced Lip Injection Glossy in 'Spice Girl'
This took me by surprise as I didn't think I would be able to handle the lip injection formula from Too Faced, and it turned out that I was fine throughout the whole experience. I did notice a little bit of lip plumping action, and the gloss remains on the lips for quite a while. The Too Faced lip injection glossy does have quite a thick formula, but once it has been applied to the lips it does take about a minute for the lip injection phase to start. The shade 'Spice Girl' is a very natural lip shade, and it just gives the lips a nice glossy look.

Urban Decay VICE Liquid Lipstick in 'Trivial'
This is a lovely lightweight liquid lipstick formula that doesn't actually budge when you try to remove it with normal make up remover. To remove this from your lips you need to use something that is oil based. Be careful when layering these up as they can cake up just a little bit on the lips. The shade 'Trivial' in the tube looks as if it has a bit of shimmer too it, but when its applied it goes on completely matte. 'Trivial' is also a 'my lips but better' shade on me.

Overall, I'm thrilled to bits with the Sephora Favourites 'Give Me Some Nude Lip' set, as most of the products work for me and my natural lip colour, which I wasn't expecting.

My favourite lip products out of this set are the NARS velvet lip glide, Anastacia lip gloss and the Too Faced lip injection glossy.

No comments:

Post a Comment