Tuesday 6 October 2015

Latest Skincare Additions

Hi everyone,

I've been on a bit of a skincare kick recently, and I would like to show you what I have purchased to add to my current skincare collection. A couple of the products I have used in the past, but it was during my teenage years. So, I decided to pick them up again, and see if they was as good as I remember them.


Elemis Balancing Lime Blossom Cleanser

I decided to get this cleanser if my skin ever needs to 'get back to normal' if it ever decides to go through a funny phase. I really hope my skin takes to this cleanser, as I will be using it as a hot cloth cleanser, due to being a cleansing milk.

Elemis Balancing Lavender Toner
I thought this would be a great toner to add to my skincare collection, as it will help to balance out my skin when it needs it, as well as helping it to calm down and get back to its normal condition. Also, with it being lavender it will relax and calm me at the same time.



Dior Purifying Cleansing Milk for Normal/ Combination Skin
I used to use this cleanser when I was sixteen, and the one thing that I remember about this was the scent, as it was a really luxurious fragrance. I will be using this as a hot cloth cleanser, rather than placing it on a cotton pad and sweeping it all over my face; which it what I did when I advised on how to use it all those years ago. 

La Roche-Posey Serozinc
I've been using this instead of my usual toner, and I'm impressed. Within two weeks it helped to combat the few blemishes that I had at the time, and also tone down the oil on my nose. I think I may have to stock up on this.


Lush Ocean Salt
I wanted an exfoliator that was harsher than my current, and then I remembered about Lush's Ocean Salt. This was the first ever Lush product that I ever purchased back in my teens, and I remember I went through a few tubs of this at the time. I still have no idea why I stopped using this, as its brilliant. This gets the job done, but without being too harsh on the skin. It also has a lovely lemon/ lime fragrance.

Aesop Camomile Concentrate Anti-Blemish Masque
I ended up picking this up mainly due to Estee at essiebutton featuring it in an empties video. I've only used this a few times, and I'm already noticing a difference in my skin, Even though this is an intensive face mask, its gentle on the skin at the same time. I only apply a thin layer of this to my T-zone, leave it on for 20 minutes and then remove it with a hot flannel. Afterwards, my skin is clean, clear and slightly moisturised. I think I actually prefer this face mask to the original Glamglow.



Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

I got my friend to pick up a small tube of this while she was over in the US, as I wanted to see what all the fuss is about. I think this a gel formula, and that isn't something I usually go for, so it would be interesting to see how my skin reacts too it.

Glamglow Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment
I have been wanting to try this since it first came out, but I couldn't justify the price. So, my friend picked this up for while over in the States. It has a lovely scent of coconut, which you can actually smell through the protective seal. I mainly want to use this as an overnight treatment, but you can also use this as a 20 minute face mask.



Pai Rosehip BioRegenate Oil
I got this to include in my current skincare routine, as my skin needed a little something extra. This contains the highest concentration of Rosehip oil on the market, and that was one of the main reasons why I brought it. After I have cleansed my face I apply a very small amount of this all over my face, as a little bit goes a long way due to being concentrated, and I then layer with the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate, and that combination seems to being working very well at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment