Tuesday 29 March 2016

Review: Pixi Overnight Glow Serum

Hi everyone,

I have been using the Pixi Overnight Glow Serum for around six months, and I really enjoy using it as part of my Sunday facial routine. But, I do only use this once a week, as its an intense glycolic serum.






Claims
- Exfoliates and soothes the skin overnight
- Reveals a brighter complexion
- Helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines, and fades sun spots over time
- It helps to calm the skin, as its enriched with cucumber and aloe vera
- To nourish the skin it has vitamins A, C and E

The Pixi Overnight Glow Serum is a serum, but with a gel formula, and its also a concentrated serum because it contains 10% glycolic acid and arginine; so it might not be suitable for people with sensitive skin.


The aim of the Pixi Overnight Glow serum is to even out the skin's complexion, as well as making the skin itself look more radiant, and it does all this while you sleep.


This is a lovely, but intensive glycolic serum and this is why I only use it once a week. Also, a little bit goes a long way - no more than two drops of this at the most. The Overnight Glow Serum gets to work straight away, as you feel it tingling once it has been applied. The tingling sensation might feel a bit strange and intense when you first use it, but your skin will slowly get used to it. In the morning when you wake up you still may feel some tingling - nothing to worry about, just make sure that you cleanse, tone and moisturise your skin as normal, and then apply SPF.


The first time I used this the tingling was fairly intense, and I actually ended using a drop or two too much. Because of overdoing it the first time I actually ended up with plumper lips than usual, but this only lasted for around a day at the most. Over the past few months my skin has adapted to using this product, and its also slowly benefiting as well because when I wake up thr following morning my redness seems to have calmed down quite a bit. I've also noticed that my skin seems brighter than what it was before I started the Pixi Glow Serum.


No comments:

Post a Comment