Tuesday 22 September 2015

My Sunday Facial Routine

Hi everyone,

On a Sunday I do a slightly different skin care routine from what I usually do during the week. There's a couple of differences, the first one is that I use a purifyomg cleanser, and the second is that I use a more astringent toner.




Micellar Water

I always use a micellar water as my first step, as this helps to get rid of any dirt or build up that has collected on my face throughout the day.

Boscia Purifying Cleanser

This is the only purifying cleanser I use, because its really gentle. It also smells like Turkish Delight. Once the cleanser has formed up a little and has been massaged into the skin, I then remove the cleanser using a hot flannel. It makes the skin a little moisturised and very soft.



REN Clarimatte Toner

This is great as its a very gentle, but an astringent toner. It also has a slight cooling effect when it touches the skin. Also, the scent of this is really nice, as its very fresh.

Witch Hazel Toner

This is what I was using orignally before I came across the REN Clarimatte toner. This is actually Mother Nature's way of trying to keep acne or mild blemishes at bay, but its a little on the harsh side, and its not as gentle as the REN Clarimatte toner.



Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate

I use three to four drops of this every night and my skin seems to really like it. It also gives my skin a bit of a glow. I've never really had any problems with my skin since using this. The main ingredient in this is lavender oil, so if your skin is sensitive it may not be right for you. But, if you want to try it and you don't know how your skin would react, then this is one product I would highly recommend you get a sample of - purely on the basis that it contains lavender oil.

Rodial Dragon's Blood Moisturiser

This isn't my favourite moisturiser, but I do want to use this up because it was expensive for what it is. One of the reasons why I brought this at the time was because it contains hyaluronic acid and at the time I didn't have anything in my skincare routine which contained hyaluronic acid. Its also worth pointing out that I was a complete novice when it came to skincare when I brought this.
  Don't get wrong as it does moisurise and hydrate my skin, but its the wrong formula for what my skin needs; as my skin prefers a gel-cream formula and this moistuiser is a cream formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment