Tuesday 27 April 2021

Beauty Empties

Hi everyone,

It's been quite a while since I've done a post on the products that I've used up, so I thought I would share my thoughts on the products that I have used up over the past few months.


Pixi Rose Tonic
This is the second bottle of the Pixi Rose Tonic that I have gone through, and its a really nice toner. I was finding that I was going through it rather quickly. I'm now on the hunt for another rose based toner, but I could repurchase it again in the future.

L'Occitane Aqua Reotier Water Gel Cleanser
I used this cleanser as part of my evening skincare routine, and it took me a good nine months to get through it as you really don't need a lot. It has a lovely refreshing scent, and it's an really effective gel cleanser. I already have a back up ready to go once I have finished using up my current cleanser.

Rituals Cleansing Balm
This was a lovely cleansing balm from Rituals, but I went through it really quickly. It has a lovely spa like fragrance, and it did do a really good as my first cleanser as part of my skincare routine. Not too sure if I would repurchase it again, as I just went through it too quickly.

REN Glow Daily Vitamin C Gel Cream
This was a really lovely moisturiser from REN, and I really enjoyed using it as part of my morning skincare routine. I got a good, solid six weeks out of this little deluxe sample, and my skin loved it. It also gave my skin a healthy glow, and made it look brighter and healthier. 

Ole Henriksen C-Rush Brightening Gel Cream
This was a lovely Vitamin C moisturiser from Ole Henriksen, even though it had the strangest custard-like consistency. It took a couple of days for me to get used to, but once I had figured out the learning curve I started to enjoy using the moisturiser. 

Blistex Intensive Lip Care in 'Cherry'
I used this as my overnight lip balm, and it really worked. Don't be fooled by the tiny size of this balm, as it lasted months. Also, I really enjoyed the cherry scent of this balm.


Olay Nourishing Cleansing Balm
I got this cleansing balm to try, as my first cleanse in my evening skincare routine. It's an okay cleansing balm if you are looking for something for something on a budget, but it does have a runny consistency and I found that a lot product came out of the tube at once. It's also heavily fragranced. I don't think I will repurchase this again, as I have found another budget friendly cleansing balm that I prefer so much more.

L'Occitane Aqua Reotier Ultra Thirst Quenching Cream
This is a lovely moisturiser from L'Occitane, and I used it as part of my evening skincare routine due to it's thicker consistency. I sunk into my skin straight away, and when I woke the following morning my skin felt hydrated and supple.

Lancome Multi Lift Eye Cream
This eye cream took me a good year to use up, as you only needed to use a small amount. It also has light pink colour too it, so it brightens the under eye area. I'm unsure if I would repurchase this eye cream again, as it is quite expensive.

Clinique 'Take the Day Off' Eye Make Up Remover
This little deluxe size eye make up remover from Clinique took me forever to get through. It's a really effective eye make up remover, and it would consider buying it again once I have worked my way through the other two bottles of eye make up remover that I own.


Imperial Leather Sea Samphire & Water Mint Hand Wash
This is a gorgeous scented hand wash from Imperial Leather, and it gets the job done. I've already got another one ready to go once I have finished up my current hand wash.

Soap & Glory 'Bubble in Paradise' Shower Gel
This is a lovely gel from Soap & Glory, but I really didn't enjoy the scent as I'm not a fan of the Passion Fruit and Mango scented range as a whole. I don't think the scent works well with my natural body chemistry.


Dr Botanicals Japanese Orange Revive & Firm Facial Serum
This is the second bottle of the Japanese Orange Revive & Firm Facial Serum from Dr Botanicals that I have gone through, and this is a lovely lightweight serum that sinks into the skin straight away. I really enjoyed using this as part of my evening skincare routine and I would consider repurchasing this serum again in the future.

Dr Botanicals Moroccan Rose Superfood Facial Oil
I have gone through a number of bottles of this facial oil over the years, and its absolutely gorgeous facial oil and it smells divine. It's so lightweight that it sinks into the skin straight away. I would repurchase this again in the future, but for the moment I'm looking into trying some more rose based facial oils. This one is still my favourite (for the moment).

Emma Hardie Brillance Facial Oil
This is the first skincare product from Emma Hardie that I've ever used, and its a gorgeous facial oil. This took me by surprise, as it has a thick consistency. But, you only need three drops at the most as it sinks into the skin straight away. It also has a lovely relaxing natural lavender fragrance. I would consider repurchasing this again in the future.

Caudalie S.O.S Serum
I've gone through a number of bottles of this serum from Caudalie over the years, and this was the first hydrating serum that I had ever used. I used this as part of my morning skincare routine. I would consider purchasing this again in the future, but for the moment I'm currently exploring different hydrating serums to see if I can find one that suits my skin a little bit more.


Feather & Down Sleep Butter
I was looking for a lavender based body butter, and the one from Feather & Down had really good reviews, so I decided to purchase a tub. This is a lovely, relaxing body butter with a gorgeous lavender scent. It does have a thick consistency, but it does sink into the skin straight away. This is also the first product from Feather & Down that I've ever used, and I would repurchase it again if I was wanting a lavender based body butter.

Soap & Glory 'A Cream Come True' Body Butter
This is from Soap & Glory's new Coconut & Green Tea range, and I was really looking forward to using it as it was coconut scented. I was expecting this to be just as enjoyable to use as the coconut body butter from the Body Shop, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. The body butter itself has a really formula and consistency, but it was the scent of this that I didn't enjoy; which is a shame as I really wanted to enjoy the experience of trying out a new coconut scented body butter.










No comments:

Post a Comment