Tuesday 4 August 2020

Everything I've Tried: Kiehl's Edition

Hi everyone,

As you know I have used quite a few Kiehl's products over the years, and I'm going to talk about of the products I have used throughout the years and the experiences I've had with each product.


This post was inspired by Rachel from the YouTube channel thingsbytheberk.




Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado
The Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado is a creamy, moisturising eye treatment that is formulated with Avocado oil. It has a unique concentrated texture that is enriched with Avocado to gently moisturise the delicate eye area. Also, the formula doesn't migrate into the eyes, and is also Ophthalmologist and Dermatologist tested.

I really like using the Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado as my evening eye cream, due to it being more hydrating under the eye area. Because of its concentrated formula, you also don't a lot to both under eyes. I've recently just started my second tub of this eye cream.

Facial Fuel Energising Facial Wash for Men
An efficient and energising facial wash that is formulated with caffeine, vitamins and invigorating citrus extracts to refresh and waken the skin. It also helps to prepare the skin for a more comfortable shave, and to also help lessen the irritation. It also helps the skin to resist the effects of environmental stress and gives even dull, tired looking skin a fresher, healthier appearance.

I decided to get this facial wash to see if would help to combat some of the oiliness of my skin, due to having a natural oily/ combination complexion. It does help to reduce the oiliness, and it also doesn't strip the skin of any of its natural oils. The one thing that I did notice with this facial wash is that it is on the minty side, and you know that its there while you are using it. But, I also didn't notice any of the citrus extracts. 

Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Facial Wash
A highly effective cleanser for smoother, softer skin that gently lifts away any impurities, dirt and oil without stripping the skin. The creamy gel formula activates with water to create a rich foam, and the skin looks instantly refreshed and revitalised.

This is what I'm currently using as my cleanser in my morning skincare routine. It has a mild citrus fragrance, and also a little bit goes a long way. It cleanses my oily/ combination skin really well, and it does this without stripping my skin of any of its natural oils. It also leaves it feeling ever so slightly hydrated.

Ultra Facial Cleanser
A mild facial cleanser that is formulated to work with all skin types. It thoroughly cleanses skin and also removes make up without over drying or stripping the skin of its natural oils, as well as dissolving any excess oil, dirt and debris. This cleanser is also pH balanced to help the skin maintain its natural balance.

I really wasn't a fan of this cleanser as to me its just a basic, and gentle cleanser. It also has an unusual scent, which I wasn't expecting.

Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol Free Toner
An effective alcohol free toner, which has been designed to soothe problem skin. It also helps the skin to maintain its natural balance. This toner is also formulated with whole Calendula flowers and pure extracts.

I found this to be a lovely toner to use on my oily/ combination skin, and it was also quite refreshing on the skin. This is a really good toner to use, but I found the calendula whole flowers to be a little combersome towards the end as they had a tendency to go everywhere.

Midnight Recovery Concentrate
The Midnight Recovery Concentrate helps to replenish the skin as you sleep, by supplementing its natural overnight recovery process to reveal a rested and restored appearance by morning. The following morning the skin feels fresher, as well as feeling more toned and radiant.

I've gone through a number of bottles of the Midnight Recovery Concentrate over the years, and its the one products from Kiehl's that I like to have in my routine as my skin feels more hydrated when I wake up the following morning. I've found that its a really nice product to have as part of my evening skincare routine.

Daily Reviving Concentrate
The Daily Reviving Concentrate helps to strengthen the skin's defences against daily aggressors to help the skin looking youthful and radiant looking all day long. It also provides antioxidant protection to the skin with a powerful blend of naturally derived oils including Ginger Root, Sunflower and Tamanu to help the skin feel fresh and look energised morning to night.

I really enjoy having the Daily Reviving Concentrate within my morning skincare routine, as it adds a boost of hydration as well as radiance to my skin. I also feel that it leaves my skin feeling nourished.

Ultra Facial Cream
The Ultra Facial Cream provides unto 24 hours of lasting hydration for a soft, smooth, healthier looking skin. It also helps to balance out hydration levels with up to 2 -3 times more moisture, as well as absorbing easily into the skin due to its lightweight texture. It has been formulated with Glacial Glycoprotein, which is derived from sea glaciers and olive derived Squalane.

This was one product from Kiehl's that I was really looking forward to using, as I know its one of their best selling moisturisers. But it really didn't benefit my skin at unfortunately, as my skin needs quite a bit of hydration throughout the day. Also, the Ultra Facial Cream took a while to sink in. I don't think its the fault of the product; it's just that this product didn't agree with what my skin was needing at the time and my skin still currently needs all of the hydration it can get.

Ultra Facial Moisturiser
The Ultra Facial Moisturiser is a light yet effective lotion that leaves the skin beautifully hydrated all day long. It has been formulated with skin friendly ingredients such as Squalane, vitamins A & E, and it also nourishes and hydrates the skin from below the surface.

Unfortunately I had the same problem with the Ultra Facial Moisturiser as I did with the Ultra Facial Cream in that it wasn't hydrating enough for my skin. I got the moisturiser to give the Ultra Facial line a second chance to see if they was something better in the line that may actually work for me, but sadly that wasn't the case.

Rosa Arctica Lightweight Cream
This is a powerful, yet lightweight anti ageing cream that has been formulated with a rare "Resurrection flower" that has been hand harvested in bloom to help ensure efficiency. The Rosa Arctica Lightweight Cream helps to fight off signs of ageing overtime, and this includes signs of lines, wrinkles as well as the loss of elasticity, firmness and density. It is also delicately scented with lavender oil, which is known for its relaxing and soothing properties.

I was fortunate enough to try a few samples of this moisturiser before I purchasing, and I loved having this as my moisturiser as part of morning skincare routine. I loved how my skin looked and felt, as it looked a lot more healthier and radiant while I using this moisturiser. I also received quite a few compliments on how my looked, as it had a natural but radiant glow.

I've had a mixed bag of experiences when it comes to the products from Kiehl's, but I think that can be said about any brand out there. Overall, I have had a mainly positive experiences with Kiehl's products, and I have purchased some skincare staples within my routine over and over again. But, the only negative was that the Ultra Facial range didn't work for me, but thats okay as I've found numerous products from Kiehl's  that I really enjoy using. There's good products and not so good products within every brand, and its just a case of trying to find the products that may work for you, your skin type and also your budget.




No comments:

Post a Comment