Tuesday 7 March 2017

'Project Use it Up' 2016 Empties

Hi everyone, 

The empties for my 'Project Use it Up' 2016 are here as promised. I'm going to do this one slightly different, which is put the put the prices that I actually paid for the product.


Body Shop Shower Gels (combined price £16)




I love the shower gels from the Body Shop, and when doing this project I found three new favourite scents, which are Vineyard Peach, Honeymania and Wild Argan Oil. Sadly both Vineyard Peach and Honeymania have been discontinued, but you can still get them when the Body Shop has a sale on, which I think happens around twice a year. Wild Argan Oil is avaiable all year round.

Jo Malone Orange Blossom Shower Gel £36 & Jo Malone Wild Bluebell Cologne 30ml £42


I have been a fan of Jo Malone products for many years, but I decided that the time had come to get these used up and out of my collection. The Orange Blossom shower gel is just your everyday shower gel with a lovely scent. It took me nine months to get through this shower gel, and I think that was mainly due to pump being tempermental. The Wild Bluebell cologne I loved this when it was originally released, but in the end I had enough mainly because it a sweet floral scent. For the moment I don't want back in my collection, but I may buy it again the future.

B&BW Travel Size Fragrance Mists £5 each


I really enjoyed using these fragrance mists from Bath & Body Works. My favourite of the two scents was the 'Sweet Pea' fragrance as its a lovely light floral fragrance. 'Beautiful Day' I think in honesty I'm actually over the scent. But I will definatly invest in some more Bath & Body Works travel size fragrance mists in the future.

Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner £7 & REN Clarimatte Toner £13


I wasn't overally keen on the Vitamin E Hydrating Toner from the Body Shop. I used it up, but I won't be buying it again as I did nothing for my skin. The REN Clarimatte Toner I absolutely love, and I'm already on my second bottle. I use this as my toning step on a Sunday, and it works wonders. The scent is also nice on the Clarimatte Toner.

Elemis Hydra Boost Moisturiser £7, Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair £50 & Ole Henrikson £15


The Elemis Hydra Boost moisturiser is a lovely lightweight and hydrating moisturiser. I used this in the evening and my skin felt lovely the following morning. I know this is only a deluxe sample, but it lasted me a good few months. The Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair was the first serum that I ever introduced into my skincare routine, and it is good stuff. I just don't my skin needs it at the moment, as I have found other serums and oils which work better for my skin. The Ole Henrikson 3 in 1 Cleansing Gelee is a weird little cleanser, but it was one that I enjoyed using as part of my daytime skincare routine. It also had a lovely orange scent that I really enjoyed.

Body Shop Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet £14, Origins 'A Perfect World' Moisturiser £35 & Glamglow Thirtymud Hydrating Treatment £45


I really didn't enjoy the Body Shop Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet, as it was a little hard to use plus it also didn't hydrate my skin at all. What I had to do to get this to somewhat work was I had to take a small amount from the tub and then warm it up in my hands before applying it to my face. The Origins 'A Perfect World' moisturiser on the other hand I loved. Its a lightweight moisturiser thats very hydrating, and the scent is amazing. The Glamglow Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment is lovely hydrating moisturiser thats ideal to use over night. Also, it has a gorgeous coconut scent. It was lovely to use for the most part, but just as I was due to finish the tub my skin had a bit of a reaction. So I'm a little unsure if I would buy it again.

Neal's Yard Witch Hazel Toner £11 & Alpha H Liquid Gold £33.50


I loved using the Alpha H Liquid Gold as a weekly glycolic treatment. It is intense, but it does work. It just takes a short while for your skin to adapt to the product. I would highly recommend this to anyone whose looking for a weekly chemical exfoliator, and I would repurchase it again. The Neal's Yard Witch Hazel Toner is just a very expensive bottle of witch hazel, so I won't be buying it again.

Batiste Tropical Dry Shampoo £4, Body Shop Peppermint Foot Spray £5 & Jack Black Lip Balm £7.50


I really like using the Batiste Tropical dry shampoo, even though I don't need to use it that often. The scent of the Tropical dry is shampoo is along the lines of a fruity coconut. I've gone through many bottles of the Peppermint foot spray from the Body Shop over the years and I will continue to repurchase. The Jack Black Lip Balm is my very lip balm that I have ever used up, and I may purchase it again in the future.

Elemis Lime Blossom Cleanser £22.50 & Vichy Pure Thermale Cleansing Gel £12


The Elemis Lime Blossom Cleanser is extremely good value for money, as this bottle lasted me around ten months. Its also a lovely cream cleanser to use, as it isn't harsh on the skin even though it is a purifying cleanser. I have already repurchased a back up. I also loved using the Vichy Pure Thermale Cleansing Gel, as this is a very refreshing cleanser to use and I used this as part of my daytime skincare routine. I will be purchasing this again, as I miss it in my routine.

I also decluttered the Clarins Instant Light Brush On Perfector in 00, as I had it a very long time and it was just time to get it out of my collection.













No comments:

Post a Comment