Tuesday 13 July 2021

Review: Nivea Daily Essentials Refreshing Toner

 Hi everyone,

I have recently started to use the Nivea Daily Essentials Refreshing Toner as part of my morning skincare routine. As much as I like using toners within my skincare routines; this one ended up taking me a few weeks to get used too and I'll explain why further down in the review.


Claims
- Tones the skin & removes residues
- Leaves the skin feeling invigorated due to its mild & refreshing formula that contains Vitamin E & Hydra IQ
- Uses ingredients inspired by nature to create high performance products that work in harmony with your skin
- Suitable for Normal to Combination skin types

I started using this toner a few months ago, and it's taken me a good while to be able to form a view for this toner.

To me this is a good basic toner, and it does slightly hydrate my skin once it applied using a cotton pad. But, one of the first things that hit me when I first started to use this toner is how strong the fragrance is within this particular product. It smells strongly of the signature Nivea fragrance that they use within most of their products, but with this being a toner I wasn't expecting it to smell as strongly as it did. 
If you are sensitive to fragrances or your skin doesn't like strongly fragranced products applied to it then please don't use this product.

I'm usually okay with fragrance within skincare products, but there's a limit to what I can personally tolerate; and this ended up taking me a good few weeks to get used too.

The toner has a lightweight formula, but I've also found that I need of this toner to do its job; and that also shouldn't be the case. But, what I do agree with within the claims is that it is for people who have normal to combination skin. I would say that it is aimed at people who are more prone to combination skin, as it can be a little bit drying at times (not always).


No comments:

Post a Comment