Tuesday 11 February 2020

2019 Overview

Hi everyone,

I thought I would share with you my highlights from 2019 

Becoming an Auntie, Not Once But Twice

I became an auntie again both at the beginning and at the end of 2019. I already had a little niece, and now I have two little nephews.

Seeing the 'Rocky Horror Show' Twice in January
I have been wanting to watch the 'Rocky Horror Show' on stage since I saw it on Sky Arts back in 2015. I was originally only supposed to have going the once, but I enjoyed it that much that I went back for a second time, while it was still playing in Manchester for its third and final week. I don't think we have asked for a better cast. Ben Adams and Joanne Clifton made the perfect Brad and Janet, Stephen Webb as Frank n Furter was outstanding, and Kristen Lavercombe's Riff Raff just keeps getting better every time.

Going Seeing 'Breaking the Rules' For a Third Time

This has been another show that I have been wanting to get back too, as I haven't seen it since it's original tour back in 2016. This show just keeps getting better, and its improved loads during the last few years as it seems more natural and free flowing. It's a lovely show, and I'm hoping to go and see it again in the future.

Birthday in Chichester

I went to Chichester for a few days to celebrate my birthday, and I went to watch Terence Rattigan's 'The Deep Blue Sea' at the Minerva Theatre, Chichester Festival Theatre. It was a lovely few days in Chichester, and the locals couldn't do enough to help me. They also have a little market on Wednesday, which was nice and I also didn't know anything about this market until I stumbled across it while working through the town centre. The theatre production was beautifully put together, and the cast was on top form. 'The Deep Blue Sea' really suited the Minerva Theatre due to its more personable layout.

Seeing a1 For the First Time

I have waited the best part of 20 years to watch a1 perform live. What a fabulous evening that was, as I went to the concert on my own and came out with a few new friends. We were treated to the classic a1 hits from the late 90s and early 2000s, as well as some new material that has yet to be released. I think that has got to be the only concert were I felt it the following morning (after three hours sleep), and it was worth it and I would happily do it all over again.

No Longer a Beginner Flute Learner

I never thought in a million years that I would saying that I'm no longer a beginner flute learner, and I'm really looking forward to what the next few years bring. I'm having at least year off from doing my grades, as the syllabus for woodwind instruments is due to be updated in 2021. So, we going to be focusing on my development as well as working on kinks that need working out.

My First Blog Collab
During the Summer I did a post related to Discontinued Jo Malone products. To do this post I worked alongside another Jo Malone fanatic called Michael James, who managed to source the information that I needed to do these two blog posts. It was a lot of fun going through products that Jo Malone no longer sells, especially the range of the skin care that I remember fondly.

No comments:

Post a Comment