Tuesday 21 October 2014

My Lip Balm Collection


Hi everyone,

Over the past couple of years I've seemed to have collected quite a few lip balms. So I thought I would share with them with you. I'm going to do to do this from my favourite to least favourite lip balm.

Jack Black Mint & Shea Butter Lip Balm
I've only had this lip balm a few months, and I love to use this at night before I go to bed; as its really moisturising. The mint scent isn't overpowering, and it has a lovely tingling sensation when its being applied. It also has the added bonus of SPF25, so its also great to use when your out and about.

Lanolips Original Ointment
The Lanolips original ointment is actually a multi-purpose balm and it works in a similar way to the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream. But, I mainly use this as a lip balm, and I keep it in my main handbag. Also, because its a balm you do have to warm it between your fingers before applying it to your lips; but once it has been applied its very hydrating.

The Body Shop Raspberry Get Lippy Lip Balm
Here's a lip balm that brings back some childhood memories, because every girl in my year at primary school would have at least one of these lip balms, and they do smell as good now as they were back in the 90s. Its also the main reason why I brought it in the raspberry scent, as it has a bit of nostalgia to it; as well as being one of my favourite scents from the Get Lippy range.

The Body Shop Strawberry Lip Butter
I originally got this because I needed something quite hydrating to use at night, and I got this even before I purchased my Jack Black lip balm. It smells like a strawberry milkshake, and its also very light in texture even though its a lip butter. It moisturises the lips quite well, as well as leaving them soft and nourished.

The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter
I'm sorry to say but I can't really say much about this lip butter, as I haven't got around to using it yet. But I'm hoping that its even more nourishing and hydrating as the strawberry lip balm.

Nivea Milk & Honey Lip Balm
This is a lovely moisturising basic lip balm, which is ideal to use everyday. This is one that I keep in my other handbag. As well as being moisturising, its also very nourishing and leaves the lips feeling very soft.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Lip Balm
This is one of the lip balms that I'm not so keen on, as to me it doesn't seem to do anything, but it does have SPF15; so its handy to keep in your handbag for that reason. It also doesn't seem as nourishing and hydrating as the other lip balms I've tried.

Carmex Cherry SPF25 Lip Balm
I got this mainly because I love anything cherry scented. This to me is just a bit too thick, and just sits on the lips. So, this is another one that I'm not a fan of.

Nuxe Riev de Miel Lip Balm
I used this for months as my night time lip balm, and at first I really loved it; but now I just can't stand the texture of it, as its way too thick for my liking. The fragrance of this is lovely as its a minty lemony scent, but sadly this isn't the right lip balm for me.

What are your favourite and least lip balms? 

It would be great to get some feedback on this, as I would like few ideas of what lip balms I could try next.

No comments:

Post a Comment